"I live by our company motto – ‘Uncomplicate It’ – which includes breaking down complex strategies and investment terminology into a simple, straightforward plan about attainment of personal and family goals."
Direct Phone: 203-683-1528
Cell Phone: 203-984-1418
Bill is one of the founding partners of Coastal Bridge Advisors. A creative problem solver, he is always in pursuit of new ways to support our clients.
He says, “Like everyone in our firm, my role is to support our clients, specifically by listening carefully and then blending our customized planning, process, and investment strategies to help them achieve both economic and family related goals specific to their circumstances, which can include philanthropy, wealth transfer, education, and support. Around here, we often call it a ‘virtual’ family office.
“Even though that sounds like a mouthful, I also live by our company motto – ‘Uncomplicate It’ – which includes breaking down complex strategies and investment terminology into a simple, straightforward plan about attainment of personal and family goals.”
With a career spanning over 30 years, Bill has held senior executive positions at Merrill Lynch and Smith Barney as well at Coastal Bridge Advisors which he co-founded in 2008.
Bill’s passion is philanthropy and financial education and he has been featured on Fox Business Channel, the Dow Jones Advisor Show and continues to be cited in local and national press. Bill is the appointed Head of the Advisory Council for Save the Children’s Board of Directors. He remains active with other charitable organizations as well, including St. Vincent Medical Center’s SWIM Across the Sound fundraiser, the Mt Sinai Department of Surgery Advisory Board and the Pan Mass Challenge.
The father of three daughters, Bill resides in Westport, CT, where he continues to practice what he’s learned from clients over the years including the value of commitment and perseverance to achieve a goal and the importance of planning for family and the next generations.
- What role does communication play in your advisor relationship?
- How does my advisor help me address responsibilities to my family?
- How do I create a goals-based financial plan and get my current investments to follow it?
- How do I handle rising taxes?
- What are some important pre-sale considerations for business owners?
- Is an ESOP right for your business?
- What is the “triple impact” of your philanthropic gift?
- Why is it a good time to use intra-family loans and sales in estate planning?
- How should I handle my finances during a divorce?
- How does one prepare to take over the family finances
- Demystifying trusts: what can and can't you do?
- How can I build a lasting legacy through philanthropy?
- What is a virtual family office?
- What can a virtual family office do for off-shore investors?
- What is the main mission of Save the Children, and what is your firm’s involvement?
- What should I know about Qualified Small Business Stock?
- How can I earn 4% from my fixed income portfolio in 0% risk-free environment?